So you want to be next Warren Buffet or Nicolas Darvas ? Since you are reading this, you are interested in the amazing world of Stocks Market. Well if that’s the case that you got to read a lot as thousands of self-acclaimed investors eventually end up jumping from high rises when market crises takes place.
I am including a few books which will laid solid foundation for your long career in financial and investments domain. Start your journey with Jack Schwager’s Market Wizards which contains great stories to inspire you and to increase your interest even more in the markets. The second bookRead How I Made 2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas, Thereafter read Trading Rules: Strategies for Success by William F. Eng and even Reminiscences of a stock operator- Edwin Lefevre.
Since Psychology also plays crucial role while investing, do read:
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience which is written by Psychology professor Mihaly Csiksgentmihalyi, the book teaches us how to get totally immersed in what we do.
- Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas.
- Thinking fast and slow – Daniel Kahneman.
- “Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas” is also a classic book which gives insights into the psychological part of the trading. Nassim Taleb’s Fooled by Randomness gives interesting insights on the psychology and behaviour of traders and trading in general.
Another great book is “When the Genius Failed – By Roger Lowenstein”, this book is about the real life events of the smartest guys in finance, running the largest hedge fund at that point (Early ’90s), with the most sophisticated strategies.
Market wizard series by Jack Schwager is a must for anyone who wants to understand common principles shared by the most successful traders.
Technical Analysis A-Z by Steven Achelis, gives great insight on the technical tools and indicators.
Good resource for fixing all knowledge gaps are:
List of recommended books are as follows:
- Trading for a Living – Dr. Alexander Elder
- Come into My Trading Room – Dr. Alexander Elder
- Entries and Exits – Dr. Alexander Elder
- Fibonacci Trading, How to Master Time and Price Advantage – Carolyn Boroden
- Self- Discipline in 10 Days Theodore Bryant
- To get confident and discipline in the stock market are below
- 50 Trading Rules – William F
- How to Make Money Trading with Candlestick Charts – Balakrishna Sadekar.
- Futures & Options – Mahajan R.
- A Simplified Approach to option trading – Jitendra Gala- Ankit Gala.
- 45 Years in Wall Street By W.D Gann
- Trading for a Living Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by: Edwin Lefvre
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets BY-John J. Murphy
- The Intelligent Investor BY-Benjamin Graham
- Market Wizards Interviews With Top Traders
- Brian Shannon – Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
- Alex Nekritin & Walter Peters – High Probability Techniques for Trading Without Indicators
- Dr. Alexander Elder – Trading for a Living
- Mike Bellafiore – One Good Trade
- Getting Started With Chart Patterns- Thomas N. Bulkowski
- Trading Classic Chart Patterns- Thomas N. Bulkowski