Everyone aims to become wealthier. That's an intrisic motivation to many. So what's the art of becoming richer?
Fundamental lies in building multiple streams of money and money will in-flow from them.
Build a network which will help build assets.
Meet and talk to lots of people.
Start series of small businesses.
The truth is success requires years of hard work and success requires consistent work on things project skill.
written in 3.08.2014
We all strive to become better version of what we are. The eternal chase of better life starts from the moment when our mind becomes goals oriented.
So how to measure the success and achieve goals eventually?
The secret lies in choosing your metrices of calculating your success.
Never measure your success on the basis of how much money you made / but how much value you generated for others.
Money is simply a facilitator / medium to how wealth / values are exchanged. Therefore the more the value you will share with others, the more value you will get back eventually.
You should care about most competitive market in business to really test out your product’s competitiveness. Rest will follow.
Personal trait - you should be spontaneous, shorten the time required to achieve the goals.
Find more productive ways to do things since time is in limited supply.
How do you plan to outstand?
Don’t just compete but be creative about solving problems in more efficient manner. That will help you in standing out from your competitors.
There was a time when I used to go to Gurgaon from Faridabad through Public Transport which used to take 6 hours bothways. It was crazy. It happened to be my first job and my excitement fueled me with energy to handle that extreme stress of taking an auto rickshaw to a delhi metro, a shared cab and in between the transitions an hour long walking. It was a tiring affair.
I managed to optimise the commute time by finding different routes and modes of transport and brought down that time to 4 hours but things were tiring and crazy.
In 5 months, I was convinced that I need a car to save my soul and hell lot of time so my parents bought one for me and I paid all the installments every month. It brought the time of commute to 2 hours. That was pretty relaxing comparing with 6 hours getting lost in public and public transport.
But Gurgaon has world's one of the busiest traffic which used to make the commute time very tiring as perpetually you have to accelerate and apply brakes. Besides losing time, mental sanity, you also utilise your cognitive resources way too much ( brain and other senses works too hard that they get tired and need resting period for coming back to efficient stage ).
In a year, the decision was made. I was absolutely convinced that I had to leave my job. It didn't matter how much I loved to work with my colleagues as they were brightest set of people I came across during that time.
That's nearly the picture of so many people like me. Majority of human beings who are aged between the 22 and 55 are indulged in some sort of employment in any part of the world. We are part of a rat race where we wake up every morning to get ready for the office, spend hours in commute and 8 to 10 good hours at work and commute back to home to have the final meal of the day and go to bed to sleep absolutely exhausted.
That's the life of millions around chasing their dream life, better life for their children, their family.
No time to keep up with the hobbies, a few nights can be spent reading. Can't really follow the gym routine due to irregular work frequently, social life is notion reserved for only weekends.
As a result, we not only get extremely busy minds but also deteroited health and relationships with families and friends as both needs constant attention, nurturing.
So, how can we design an ideal life for working professionals like me and many others in their mid 20s?
Best way is to find a job nearby the home. Ideally an hour to work bothways should be upper bound, 30 minutes would be just perfect.
So what are the other alternatives?
Besides finding a job nearby your home, you can start freelancing or private contracting ( if you are proficient enough with good networking and communication skills ). That will give you luxury of time and defining your working hours and the cost of services you offer.
You can also become a part time blogger who can generate some income from it. If you are a coder, you can start your side project which if takes off, can replace your full time job.
The catch there is to leave your full time job once your side project starts generating atleast 3/4th of your present salary. That will ensure that your living standard is maintained and you don't get desperate to join the rat race again.
One of the most inspiring books I read about side-projects is The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich.
It taught me how I could drop out of the mudane rat race and follow my passion while keeping my life financially sustainable. Perhaps you should see it a read as well if you are planning to hop out of your rat race.
I got inspired by following post(s) to write on this topic:
1. http://beta.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-commute-cherry-2017... - It is a story of a lady who commutes for about 6 hours to work ( both sides ) and spends about 10 hours at work. She sleeps for about 4.5 hours a day and She is 60 years old. Surely you won't want that kind of life for yourself.
- Whenever lots of illegitimate users used to create their users account, I became absolutely sure that either the core is out of date or are the modules. Updating them became my first priority. ( By far, the most important way! )
- Then there is honeypot module which works like charm. The catch is that you don’t get form specific timing option out of the box so you have to choose the least common time for all the modules which can many of times defeat the purpose of having honeypot.
- ReCaptcha is another great way to keep your spammers occupied. It surely can defeat the purpose of having honeypot ( but all automated bots will get bypassed by this ).
- Always download/ initiate your upgradation process while using high speed internet connection or else you will struggle all the time.
- Have everything on cloud, these hard disks can crash anytime. These accounts and everything can get demolished but your cloud will stay.
- Have redundant backups of things around.
I tried to restart the machine 4 times but nothing worked out well.
Thereafter I tried resetting the NV RAM of the Mac by following steps:
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately hold down these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Keep holding the keys for about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart. (If you have a Mac that plays a startup sound when you turn it on, you can release the keys after the second startup sound.)
And, that didn't work out either for me.
So I tried pressing following keys to reset ( have to google )
So I restarted the computer 3 times and tried the above steps over and over but it just didn't work.
So then I pressed following keys again:
and it took me to a screen, and i moved the cursor on the top and then default macOS menu appears with few menu items on the right and wifi icons on the left. I entered my WiFi details there to connect it with Internet just in case something works out well.
Therefore I went to disk utility option and this time i took a brave yet stupid step and formatted my main hard disk. It just wiped out entire data from there and my macbook was data-less.
Then it showed me the screen of Internet Recovery and since I was connected to Internet, it started downloading lots of data from Internet which will now help me in the recovery process:
So this Internet Recovery Mode - took 40 minutes to download and load the packages it had to ( on 2 Mbps connection ) and finally showed the screen of great relief:
which is similar to earlier one but then when i selected Time Machine option, it took me to following screen:
I could enter my password which made me so happy as earlier I couldn't use the keyword ( not even the external one ).
Then I selected the latest backup I had and clicked on restore.
and it restored the backup in 5 hours.
So, I typed this blogpost in a hope that it will save thousands in some heartaches as whenever my mac does this thing to me, i get a severe heartache :D
So remember: Never format your hard disk from the top menu ( in case you have chosen reset NV RAM ) as once you are done with formatting of your main hard disk then nothing is help in the hard disk and you will land into Internet Recovery Mode ( which might look a wrong option but only that took me out of the trouble.
Apple/ macOS should fix the issue of keyword not functioning after resetting the NV Ram and getting into recovery mode.
- Try to fail but don't fail to try!
- Only those who can fail greatly can succeed greatly! ( Example of Elon Musk )
- Anti Fragile
- Black Swan.
- Sam Harris - Lying: https://www.samharris.org/lying
- Rodi should be even - with tool.
- Agreement has to be in writing with the Contractor.
- Parafeet is a must and the contractor will construct it too.
- He should write every aspect of construction in the agreement.
- Construction linked payment. 50% payment upto lanture.
- Taraaai - who will do that — Own or them?
- Grill will be done by constructor
- Sand dust should be cleaned / net before using for plastering. ( 4 sand/2 dust/1 cement )
- Water tank base - the cost has to be included. - we paid extra.
- Monty wall has to be 9” not 4.5”.
- The ratio of stone dust should be higher for strengthening.
- Breakup - Payment should be fragmented - modular - cost of each work has to be mapped out.
- If the outer walls are ( on L & R ) are not having any support, they must be plastered for more strength.
- The water tank should be at height as it needs good potential energy for maintaining pressure ( whats the upper bound?) - that’s for 2nd floor
- Individual pipelines should be available for every floor from the water tank so that they remain independent.
- Horizontal beam should be more to accommodate unanticipated additional load which can be added in the future on the lanture.
- Slope of the floors is critical to review.
- All payments should be made using cheque and countersigned by both parties.
- Modular kitchen — Stones + Stone Slab will be adjusted.
- Air removing Machine / Vibrator for lanture + concrete mixer machine payment will be done by contractor + cost of INR 700 water tank
Doesn’t matter how sad you are / how screwed up your life, you have to be a brave heart and continuously fight for what you have been dreaming for years.
No compromises, chase whatever you want and die getting it ( goals matter, glories does, failure is just a stepping stone ).
My life is an eternal struggle, quest to make my baby startup the almighty.