During the Jagriti Yatra 2013, we went to Barefoot College, Tilonia, Rajasthan where we saw mechanical solar panels made by old women.
Below are the pics:
During my "Jagriti Yatra" ( 2013 ), Along with fellow Yatris I visited Goonj's Office in New Delhi where I came across a very beautiful quote which is as follows ( Image below )
Google Picasa is an amazing software. It looks and works like Apple's Aperture.
Sice you are using Picasa, here are following things you shoukd really know.
1. Never Delete a Folder but Images.
If you are considering deleting a folder, beware. If that folder contains sub-folder(s) or any other files then they will also get deleted. This may appear to be pretty obvious but at times you will forget it and you may end up losing your important data.
So remember, Always delete an Image.
This post is for every amateur Digital Marketer who wants to master the art of Digital Marketing.
Always remember : Social Media Channels aren’t same as Digital Marketing Channels but are subset of latter.
Having said that, we are having various kinds of Digital Marketing Channels mastering upon which you can proudly call yourself a Digital Marketer.
They are as follows:-
1. E-mail Marketing
Email marketing in Digital Marketing is relatively as old as Cold Calling Marketing in Non-Digital Marketing. It used to work wonders a decade ago and even till 5 years ago. But then we are marketers and we destroy the channels by over-using and over abusing them ( amateurs mostly). Back then we used to get 10% - 30% CTR and we used to get super excited about it, Now even if we get 1% CTR from non-targeted and 5-15% CTR from targeted E-mail campaigns, we consider it as a great achievement.
It’s certainly super cheap way to market though and brings quality business leads if done properly.
Using bulk e-mailing services gives you different statistics like CTR, Reported Abuse lists, Unsubscribes list which will help you in proper planning of future email campaigns.
If you haven’t done email marketing before, try making an email list of 50-100 subscribers and then try to send them newsletter. Understand their behaviour, if they are liking the content or not, if they are unsubscribing or taking any “Call to Action” which you have in your email campaigns.
2. SEO - Search Engine Optimization
It is a channel which opens door to millions of opportunities. Just about everyone searches online for something. If your website is ranking on top for particular target keywords then you are game. You will be receiving lots of audience aka prospective leads.
Try to include lots of “call to action” like Buy Now, Contact Us in the website to turn them into a lead which further can be contacted to convert into a qualified lead.
Thousands of Businesses have thrived because of Organic SEO which ironically cannot be delivered by most of the SEO companies.
3. Social Media Marketing
This is HUGE. Social Media Marketing is increasing at phenomenal rate as world is becoming more social. Now everyone is connected with dozens, hundreds through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Flickr, Instagram, Tumblr, Vine and dozens of other major Social Media Platforms.
Each of these Social Media Platforms have their own peculiarities which average Digital Marketer just don’t understand. Each of them just works differently, their content structure is different.
For example you will find just about every Digital Marketing guy posting statuses on LinkedIn with Hashtags. LinkedIn just don’t understand Hashtags but people often ignore that fact.
And the platform which supports Hashtags have different behaviours as the number of hashtag changes.
For instance, Twitter recommends having maximum 2 hashtags or the percentage of engagements will reduce while Instagram attracts highest interactions when hashtags are 11+ ( Sample size: Users with < 1000 followers ).
On Facebook however, posts with no hashtags performs better than the ones with hashtags.
According to SocialBakers, too many hashtags leads to less interactions ( 1-2 led to 593 interactions per post while 10+ hashtags led to 188 interactions per post ). Pretty scary, isn’t ?
I will write more on this in coming days.
So you want to be next Warren Buffet or Nicolas Darvas ? Since you are reading this, you are interested in the amazing world of Stocks Market. Well if that’s the case that you got to read a lot as thousands of self-acclaimed investors eventually end up jumping from high rises when market crises takes place.
I am including a few books which will laid solid foundation for your long career in financial and investments domain. Start your journey with Jack Schwager’s Market Wizards which contains great stories to inspire you and to increase your interest even more in the markets. The second bookRead How I Made 2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas, Thereafter read Trading Rules: Strategies for Success by William F. Eng and even Reminiscences of a stock operator- Edwin Lefevre.
Since Psychology also plays crucial role while investing, do read:
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience which is written by Psychology professor Mihaly Csiksgentmihalyi, the book teaches us how to get totally immersed in what we do.
- Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas.
- Thinking fast and slow - Daniel Kahneman.
- "Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas" is also a classic book which gives insights into the psychological part of the trading. Nassim Taleb's Fooled by Randomness gives interesting insights on the psychology and behaviour of traders and trading in general.
Another great book is “When the Genius Failed - By Roger Lowenstein”, this book is about the real life events of the smartest guys in finance, running the largest hedge fund at that point (Early '90s), with the most sophisticated strategies.
Market wizard series by Jack Schwager is a must for anyone who wants to understand common principles shared by the most successful traders.
Technical Analysis A-Z by Steven Achelis, gives great insight on the technical tools and indicators.
Good resource for fixing all knowledge gaps are:
List of recommended books are as follows:
- Trading for a Living - Dr. Alexander Elder
- Come into My Trading Room - Dr. Alexander Elder
- Entries and Exits - Dr. Alexander Elder
- Fibonacci Trading, How to Master Time and Price Advantage - Carolyn Boroden
- Self- Discipline in 10 Days Theodore Bryant
- To get confident and discipline in the stock market are below
- 50 Trading Rules - William F
- How to Make Money Trading with Candlestick Charts - Balakrishna Sadekar.
- Futures & Options - Mahajan R.
- A Simplified Approach to option trading - Jitendra Gala- Ankit Gala.
- 45 Years in Wall Street By W.D Gann
- Trading for a Living Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by: Edwin Lefvre
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets BY-John J. Murphy
- The Intelligent Investor BY-Benjamin Graham
- Market Wizards Interviews With Top Traders
- Brian Shannon - Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
- Alex Nekritin & Walter Peters - High Probability Techniques for Trading Without Indicators
- Dr. Alexander Elder - Trading for a Living
- Mike Bellafiore - One Good Trade
- Getting Started With Chart Patterns- Thomas N. Bulkowski
- Trading Classic Chart Patterns- Thomas N. Bulkowski